Saturday, June 1, 2013

Back to the Adirondacks!


I'm freshly back from another week long stent in the beauty and splendor of the southern Adirondacks of upstate New York and what an experience it was!  My dear friend and fellow nature blogger Jackie was once again kind enough to take me in to her home and spend her days showing me all the sites and unbelievable wildflowers of her home area.  I visited last summer in early-mid July to see a whole slew of rare and new-to-me plants and that same theme followed us perfectly this late spring trip as well!  I could never thank her enough for her kindness and knowledge; she's easily one of my favorite people to ever walk this diverse and wonderful planet.

I will be back to tell the tale in a trilogy of posts very soon; and I promise no obnoxiously long delays like last time!  It's going to be nigh on impossible to ever fully portray the sights and emotions I experienced on this trip but I will do my best to take you, my faithful readers vicariously along for the ride.  From trillium to orchids; climbing misty mountains in Vermont to walking on floating bog mats on a jewel of a lake; this trip was something I will never, ever forget as long as I live.  Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment